Modelling plays an important role in designing of an application. The real world scenarios and customer needs are mapped to models for an implementation. This course presents an object oriented approach to software development. It facilitates to build a language independent design. Modelling is an essential part of large software projects. Modelling promotes better understanding of requirements, design a solution to the problem and then software implementation. Graphical notations used to model a variety of systems help the developer to visualize a problem before implementation. Object Oriented Modelling is more than just a way of programming
1. Understand object oriented concepts.
2. Capture high level requirement into modelling concepts.
3. Ensure user’s need.
4. Create custom UML profile to accurately model different system domains.
Course Outcomes (COs):
By learning the course Introduction to Object Oriented Modelling & Design students will be able to:
1. Understand Importance and Principles of Modelling
2. Understand the use of concept of object Orientation and Unified Modelling Language.
3. Find Classes, Objects and their relationships for modelling a system.
4. Know Basic behaviour of a system by finding various users included in a system & their use cases.
5. Know advanced behaviour of a system by finding various activities and states of a system
6. Draw architecture of a system by finding various components and deployment nodes of a system.